Australiance is looking for a Strategy Manager for a leading Australian Retail Group.
- An opportunity to make a visible difference to a ~A$35b business, developing the most
critical strategic initiatives for one of the largest retail Business in Australia.
- Unique chance for non-Australian to relocate to one of the most livable city in the world
with great work-life balance and an attractive remuneration package
- Join an experienced team with strong mentorship and development
- Strong career progression opportunities within strategy or into line management
Opportunities at Manager levels for Junior and Senior Consultants and Managers of Top
Tier Consulting firms with 5+ years’ experience
1. Company description
As Australia’s biggest retail group, our client has the most trusted food, liquor and
general merchandise brands. With recent expansion into financial services and award-
winning multichannel initiatives, their innovations and customer obsessions are changing
the face of Australian retail.
2. Responsibilities and missions
The corporate strategy team’s primary mandate is to develop high-quality strategic
initiatives for their businesses, or across the portfolio. They focus on areas which are
outside « day job » and require additional resources to help think bigger, faster, better.
As a Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading projects from strategy definition to planning and execution
- Structuring problems and defining the plans of action to solve them
- Stakeholder management and reporting, including strong advisory relationships with senior
- Divisional leaders
- Leading Associates / Analysts and divisional team members
3. Applicant profile and competences/technical skills
- 5+ years in top-tier consulting background
- A passion for working with people (enthusiast team member)
- Outstanding academic record and social achievements
- Demonstrated deep experience and knowledge of strategic problem solving and
frameworks, project and change management
- Demonstrated structured problem solving and analytic skills
- Superb written and oral communication and an ability to establish and maintain strong
relationships with middle and senior management stakeholders
- Leadership abilities and the ability to work well in a team in pressured situations
- Former consumer market and/or retail experience is an advantage
Full time position available as soon as possible.
Opportunities for visa sponsorship and relocation package for non-Australian residents
- An attractive remuneration package plus benefits including staff discount, onsite fitness
centre, and a staff share plan
- Mentorship and training via formal strategy training and strong on-the-job mentorship
from our experienced strategy team
- An exciting career with the opportunity to progress into line management or
corporate/divisional strategy management roles
6. How to apply
1. Fill in our application form.
2. We will get back to you in under 24 hours (weekends excluded).